Column - November 2019
Preparing Your Home for Photographs!
You’ve decided to sell! The most important thing that needs to happen now is to have your home professionally photographed. All sales are TRULY digital today. The majority of home buyers see your home for the first time online. It is VERY important that photographs showcase your home’s best qualities – so that you can sell quickly and for the highest possible price! To prepare for photos:
- MOVE all cars so that they will not be in any of the photographs – exterior and interior!
- Close the garage doors.
- Pick up all trash, leaves, branches, and hide trash cans, garden hoses, and yard tools.
- Clean the pool if you have one.
- Make sure that the yard, bushes and trees are trimmed – especially if it obstructs the view of your home.
- Consider fresh flowers in flower pots, and repainting your front door to give your home a splash of color that ‘pops’.
- Clean and pick up anything and everything and get it put away (clothes, shoes, dishes, toys, books, magazines, lotions, shampoo, toothbrushes, remotes, pet beds and food dishes, etc.) Don’t forget to make sure that all pets are out of the home on photo day too! You may have the cutest dog in the world – but, unless he is part of the sale, he shouldn’t be in your listing photographs.
- All counters should have almost nothing on them on photo day!
Remember, if it gets photographed it will be a focal point! If it isn’t part of your home – then it is a distraction from getting buyers to focus on your wonderful home. Photos should make home buyers want to walk-in your front door and make you a great offer! Don’t let buyers pass you by in an online search! Make sure that your photos give them a clear invitation to ‘Come Home’.
Who are you going to call to help make Your Real Estate Dreams Come True? Why me of course! See you next month!
Gina M. Sohmer, is a veteran, a Graduate of the REALTOR® Institute, a Seller’s Representative Specialist, an Accredited Buyer’s Representative, a 2019 Winner of the Nextdoor Neighborhood Favorite Award, and a REALTOR® with eXp Realty, LLC. She can be reached at www.ginasohmerrealestate.com or (210) 608-0650.