Column - May 2020
Keys to Selling Your House Virtually
Do you need to sell your house now? In today’s rapidly changing market, it is important that you and your realtor use virtual listing practices to make sure you, your family, and potential buyers stay safe in the process! An effective online marketing strategy is A MUST when selling your home in a post-COVID-19 environment. So, if you're ready to move forward, these virtual practices can help you have a successful sale.
While abiding by state and local regulations is a top priority, a realtor helps make your sale happen because they have the tools and know exactly what today's buyers need to make a purchase decision. Your realtor should provide:
- High-quality listing photos and Video Virtual tour of the home
- Accurate and Detailed Listing and Neighborhood information
- Agent-led video chat/Video Open Houses
Serious buyers will still want to see your house in person. There are ways to proceed safely! While the top priority should always be to obey state and local restrictions first, here are a few guidelines:
- Prevent overlapping showings – one set of buyers at one time per showing appointment.
- Require guests to wash/sanitize their hands or wear gloves.
- Provide booties and require buyers to cover shoes.
- Follow CDC guidance on social distancing and wearing face coverings.
In a new era of life, things shift quickly, and virtual strategies for sellers are a great option! Opening your doors up to digital approaches is game-changing when it comes to selling your house.
Let's connect so you have a trusted real estate professional to help you safely and effectively navigate through all that's new when it comes to making your next move.
RE Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org call/text to (210) 608-0650.
Gina M. Sohmer, is a veteran, a Graduate of the REALTOR® Institute, a Certified Negotiation Expert, a Seller’s Representative Specialist, an Accredited Buyer’s Representative, a 2019 Winner of the Nextdoor Neighborhood Favorite Award, and a REALTOR® with eXp Realty, LLC.